Alert on: Teena Raffa & Paw Prints of Love Anthology


                    Paw Prints of Love


Anthology Authors- Lisa Knight, Fiona Greene, Teena Raffa, Susan Dunn, Helen Walton, Leah Kinninmont, Jenny Lynch, Lisa Wolstenholme, Carolyn Wren and P.L. Harris.

Love can call on us in the most unusual places. In this fictional seaside town of Stonecrest Bay, love is on the horizon and the one place you’re sure to run into the unexpected is The Funny Bone, Dee Chambers’ dog grooming salon.

A solo-dad comes to Stonecrest Bay to start a new life with his young son. A four-legged pastry loving friend causes havoc in more ways than one. A house-sitter finds herself in a hair-raising chocolaty situation. A man bent on finding a replacement farm dog finds more than he planned at the town fair. A woman gets more than she bargained for when she comes face to face with her ex. A new resident arrives with hidden secrets. And a pro surfer finds unexpected romance.

From reignited high school crushes to unexpected birthday surprises, readers will be swept up in these stories of young love blossoming, heartache and healing, old lost loves rekindled, and of new hearts connecting in Stonecrest Bay where the unpredicted could stroll around the next corner. There’s a story for everyone in this light-hearted collection of sweet romantic stories reminding us that it’s all for the love of dogs.

Enjoy this collection of stories from ten different Australian authors set in the fictional seaside town of Stonecrest Bay.

Buy on:

Amazon Kindle         

Amazon Aust           Amazon UK





1.      Does your family support your career as a writer?
I have been writing for almost 50 years so it’s an accepted part of who I am and what I do. Our children grew up with a mum who lived between the world of her imagination and everyday reality. There were lots of burnt dinners in those days! My husband has been there from the start of my author journey and has shared the frequent disappointments and sometime successes of my creative life. He listens to writing and publishing chat, brings me cups of tea at the computer, and reminds me to take breaks and get some fresh air.

2. If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do?
I read voraciously and wrote stories and poems throughout my childhood and teens so that was a strong foundation for the writer I was to become. As a young adult, I wish I had connected with other writers earlier. Instead I found my way by trial and error and that made it a much steeper learning curve. It would have been wonderful to have access to the writing organisations, workshops and online resources now available to aspiring authors.

3. How long on average does it take you to write a book?
That depends on the book. A picture book text can take from half a day to a week. A novella, maybe two or three months. The first draft of a novel usually takes me years because I get involved in other writing projects along the way: writing short stories, publishing some of my own books, freelance copy editing and proofreading, presenting workshops, volunteering for a couple of writing organisations.


Tell us about your book...

A Toast to Paddy is about an opinionated divorced older man who doesn’t like being told how to look after his dog, especially when it’s someone who has no business interfering and doesn’t know the situation. Lex has taken months to gain Paddy’s trust and the dog still has anxiety issues. Marina is a feisty independence-loving artist who is enjoying the freedom to finally please herself now her family has grown and she’s happily single. The last thing Lex or Marina wants is a relationship to complicate their lives and after their clash outside The Funny Bone dog grooming salon, it’s clear any contact between them would lead to conflict. When they learn Lex’s daughter has commissioned Marina to do a pet portrait for his birthday, both know that’s not a good idea. Marina likes to get to know her subjects and that means spending time together. Against their better judgment, they agree to the portrait project. In the weeks that follow, they discover Paddy isn’t the only bond between them and perhaps they aren’t past their use-by dates where love is concerned.







ABOUT TEENA RAFFA
Teena Raffa is a reader, writer and daydream believer who is convinced there is magic in every day if we choose to find it. Teena discovered the wonderful world of storytelling as a child and decided to become a writer at an early age. After many years of writing for children and working on newspapers and magazines, she is now flirting with romance.
Teena shares her home near the beach south of Perth in Western Australia with a sometime photographer who has been the love of her life since they met as teenagers and a golden Labrador with anxiety issues and a toast obsession. When not writing, Teena likes to fill her life with family time, sunshine, birdsong and flowers.







Visit her website at https://www.teenaraffamulligan.com or find her author page on Facebook at



26 comments:

  1. This definitely looks like a cute read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the title of the anthology(Paw Prints of Love).
    As for A Toast to Paddy, judging by the review, it's definitely my 'cup of tea'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a great title. I loved it from the start. I hope you enjoy my story.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I like writing light, entertaining romances and it was a pleasure to write this one inspired by our lovely labrador Chloe, who does have anxiety issues and a toast obsession.

      Delete
  4. Thanks. I did have fun writing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover and stories with pets is always a plus for me! Congratulations Teena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover, too, Natalia. I was thrilled when I saw it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Amanda. Pets are always a plus for me, too.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the release of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Janie. We had a great time at the online launch party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. book summary is interesting....
    thank you for sharing interview with author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the book summary interesting, Tanza.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful to learn about Teena. That puppy on the cover is too cute! I can't take it! I agree- if I could go back I would want to take more writing classes/workshops than I did and learn some of the basics that cause me editing problems now. :) Wishing Teena the best of luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your well wishes, DMS. While it would have been great to take more workshops in my early years as a writer, I know I will always be learning new things about the craft. That doesn't stop!

      Delete
  10. I always enjoy an interview with a writer. I learn so much by discovering how other writers do it. I feel writing courses and workshops can be great to assist writers in their profession. Great book summary. All the luck, Teena, with your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a fun little read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great collection of stories, Theresa.

      Delete
  12. Thanks, Victoria. I agree. Author interviews do offer some invaluable insights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your book sounds like a good read. It's funny how some relationships start off on the wrong foot and then end up right.

    ReplyDelete