Alert on Beth Prentice & Mathilda's Wish

 


Matilda's Wish (The Dun Roamin' Romantic Mysteries Book 3)

The irresistible heart-warming novel from USA Today Best-selling author Beth Prentice

Keep your wishes close . . . and your secrets even closer

Tilly Lockhart is out of luck, out of money and up to her eyeballs in debt. But just when she thought that fate had it in for her, she inherits a farm from her great aunt Matilda—a woman she never knew existed. The only catch? She must spend one year on her aunt’s farm Dun Roamin’ before she can sell up and save her flailing business.
Faced with two thousand acres of land and a menagerie of neurotic animals, this city slicker must enlist the help of the farm’s sexy co-owner Noah in order to survive this new life and uncover why her aunt left it all to her.
But just when her heart is opening to small-town life, an unexpected fire uncovers Dun Roamin’s deadly mystery. As threads of past sins unravel, secrets are revealed, danger builds, and threats for Tilly to leave things alone and go home grow more deadly with every passing day.

With her newfound friends by her side, can Tilly learn the truth that great aunt Matilda was hiding? Can she find inner strength to protect what she’s grown to love? Or will she lose everything, including her life?

If you like lovable characters and heart-warming romance with a dollop of mystery, then you’ll love Matilda’s Wish.

Buy on:


Amazon Aust               Amazon UK

1.     What inspires you to write? 

Life. People. Circumstance. All of these things come together and a scene will come to me. Sometimes the characters are new to me and sometimes they are old favorites, but they have something to say. And in that moment I’m inspired to sit down and write. 

2.     What is your favourite genre and why? 

Romantic mysteries. I’m always drawn to puzzles and love solving them, but relationships are what makes my blood pump just that little bit faster. I use the mystery as the vehicle to help my characters reach their potential 

3.     Share a bit about your writing process. 

My writing process consists of a character popping into my head with something to say. Then I sit at the computer and get the idea down. After that there’s quite a bit of procrastination before the plot starts to fall into place. By this stage my brain is hurting from all the thinking and I may or may not have a nap. At some point the intricacies of the plot will sort themselves out, but then I start the task of typing the first line, which is then generally followed by a lot more procrastination. This pattern continues until the book is written. If I’m on a deadline, the brain hurting part often is ramped up as I’m forcing the process to happen faster than my mind can cope with, but some miracle generally happens and before I know it I’m typing those awesome words ‘The End’.

4.     Can you sum up your book in a Tweet-sized statement? (280 characters) 

Out of luck, out of money and up to her eyeballs in debt, Tilly’s life isn’t going to plan. But when an inheritance lands in her lap she must unlock secrets of the past in order to step into her future 

5.     Do you have plans for another book? 

Not at this stage, but this book is my favorite of all my books and I absolutely loved spending time with these characters, so who knows? I just need to think of a good mystery to throw in their way. 😀


Meet the Author


Connect with Beth Prentice:

Website          Facebook      Twitter


Instagram       Goodreads

11 comments:

  1. Ohh, I like the sound of this story. And the cover is enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy if you get the chance to read it :)

      Delete
  3. Life is certainly a source of inspiration for many writers. Congratulations on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life never ceases to surprise me with the inspiration that it throws in our paths :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stories like this! And it would be especially fun to read about the farm and animals. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun read!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete