Alert on: Christy McKellen and Wild Child (Sexy Little Secrets)



Wild Child (Sexy Little Secrets)


Mixing business with pleasure…

…is a dangerous game!

Party girl Maya Darlington-Hume feels an illicit thrill when a gorgeous man walks in on her naked. When she discovers the sexy stranger is her father’s business associate and her new boss, she naughtily decides to turn up the heat—and Benedict Chivers can’t resist her for long. Maya could lose everything if her controlling father finds out, but each encounter leaves her begging for more!

Buy on:

Amazon Kindle          Amazon UK



If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

There’s no point in worrying about what readers will think of the story while you’re writing the first draft. A story will change quite a bit through the editing process—so don’t get too attached to your words either. Let yourself enjoy the process as much as possible. Most of all don’t panic about revisions. Your editor is on your side and wants to help you produce your best work. It’ll all come good in the end.


How did publishing your first book change your process of writing?

After my first book for Harlequin Mills & Boon was published and I was offered a contract to write more stories for them I found I had to write a lot faster and be more organised with my time to hit deadlines. I needed to be stricter with myself about sitting down and hitting my word count for the day if I wanted a book to be finished on time!


What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?

That would be paying for memberships to the Romantic Novelist Association (in the UK) the Romance Writers of America and joining the Society of Authors (UK). Each one has given me invaluable support, offered opportunities to learn and grow with my writing, but also helped me feel part of a wonderful community of professionals.

What was the change you went through as you transitioned from writing sweet romance to a steamier one?

I was so excited to try my hand at super sexy after writing very sweet stories for a couple of years. I double-challenged myself by choosing to write the steamier books in first person, which is something I hadn’t done before. I’ve written open door sex scenes before, but the ones for Dare are a step beyond! It’s been a lot of fun transitioning between the two subgenres and a good way to freshen up my ideas and inspire me to push myself in new directions. I’m loving it!

Tell us a bit about your book...


My first book for the Dare line—Wild Child—is an office romance with a difference. My heroine is anything but subservient and definitely gives her temporary boss a run for his money. The two of them have a lot of fun together, teasing and taunting each other and pushing each other’s sexual boundaries and, of course, falling in love in the process. 

Meet the Author       Christy McKellen

Formerly a Video and Radio Producer, Christy now spends her time writing fun, impassioned and emotive romance with an undercurrent of sexual tension. When she’s not writing, she can be found enjoying life with her husband and three children, walking for pleasure and researching other people’s deepest secrets and desires.



Christy loves to hear from readers. You can get hold of her at her:



Website             Facebook       Twitter




16 comments:

  1. Okay, so you did it to me again, you temptresses you. I just bought this book. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me incredibly happy :-) Thanks so much for your support, Susan.
      Happy reading!
      Warmest wishes
      Christy x

      Delete
  2. Oh my... Sounds like fun. Good luck, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Christy! I love the neon font!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly. I'm so pleased with the covers for the Dare line, they really pop! x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It really works, Sandra, doesn't it? I think the cover gods were smiling on me :-)

      Delete
  5. Great interview! I love discovering how authors go about their writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. I'm always fascinated to read other people's processes too.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like an intriguing and steamy book. The interview was very interesting- I liked learning about the transiting from sweet to steamy. Best of luck to Christy!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an interesting story. Congratulations on the release of this new book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview with Christy, in depth answers. The book sounds good, (racy).

    ReplyDelete
  9. An office romance is usually a fun read, this sounds great.

    ReplyDelete