Alert on: Wendy Davies, Good Enough for Love


Good Enough For Love: Willow's Bend Series, Book 1


Renovating a country hotel challenges everything Amber knows … about family and about love.

When Amber Hutchinson inherits a country hotel, she wants to sell it and move on. The money she’ll earn will secure her future, even if living in the country while renovating a hotel never featured in her plans.

Zach Wentworth, a local sheep farmer, wants to do the right thing. When he comes across a woman stuck in the hotel window, he naturally tries to help.

Sure, Amber knows their sizzling attraction won’t last. It never does, because she’s never been good enough for anyone to love.

Without the hotel, Willow’s Bend is likely to die a slow death, so Zach does whatever he can to secure his town's future. But doing the right thing might mean risking his heart.

With the town eagerly watching their every move, Amber and Zach must choose between protecting their hearts and taking a chance on love.


Buy on:


Amazon Aust




What is the most difficult part of your artistic process? 

Getting to know my characters and coming up with a real, understandable and not too predictable plot. The story idea isn’t the problem. It’s getting the characters to behave and making sense of what they need to do to overcome whatever is stopping them from reaching their happy ever after. That’s not as easy as it sounds.

Does your family support your career as a writer? 

Absolutely. My husband is one of my biggest fans and my sister, who is an English teacher, is more than happy to listen to me rabbiting on about my lasted romance in progress.

If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do? 

I’ve spent an inordinate amount of my life reading, so, I might say: “read more widely”. But I firmly believe that every single thing I’ve done in my life has led to being the writer I currently am. So, I don’t think I’d change a thing.

How long on average does it take you to write a book? 


It took four years to write Good Enough For Love. But I had no idea what I was doing and was learning a lot, so that’s my excuse! My next story will probably take about a year. Maybe the one after that I can cut the time down to half a year? Who knows?

Meet the Author

Australian, Wendy Lee Davies began writing romances as a lark after leaving her communications and editing job of many years.
Wendy enjoys cycling, especially cycle touring which she did a lot of in her younger, some say more foolish, years. Now that she’s older and wiser, Wendy is wearing out the bike paths around her home town, making good use of her amazing pedal-assist electric bike. She's also traversed most of the incredible rail trails available in Victoria, and one in New Zealand as well.
If she's not writing or riding her bike, Wendy can be found enjoying a coffee in some cafe. Or taking landscape photographs. Sometimes she makes cookies or muffins. She’s even been known, on occasion, to annoy her writing friends with long, detailed editorial comments on their latest writing endeavour. But don't worry. They get her back, tenfold, when it comes to critiquing her latest romance-in-progress.
You can catch up on her latest news via her website ( www.wendyleedavies.com ). She loves hearing from readers, so don’t be shy about dropping her a line.

Wendy Davies on the web:

Website     Facebook     Twitter 

 Blog           Instagram




9 comments:

  1. That sounds like it would be a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen several posts about this book, but you already sucked me into buying it with the first one I read. It's still patiently awaiting its turn on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Susan. I hope my story is making its way up your "to be read" pile, and that you enjoy it when you finally get to read it. If you do, please let everyone know by leaving a review on Goodreads and Amazon as that'll help others find my book too. :) And once more, I'm happy you purchased my book, so thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with your comment that everything you've done leads you to where you are. I'm sure reading all those books has helped you as a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to see that keeping the hotel will keep the village going because often they are trying to get rid of monuments like that in the countryside or small towns. Nice to see the reverse at work!

    My recent post: http://oliviascatastrophe.com/2018/09/the-last-of-the-firedrakes-book-review/

    ReplyDelete