Alert on: Jane Godman, Colton 911: Family Under Fire

Colton 911: Family Under Fire




An unexpected family

A once-in-a-lifetime reunion in danger…


After a bitter breakup, FBI agent Everett Colton never expected to see his ex-girlfriend, Alyssa Bartholomew, again. Suddenly, tragedy reunites them—and makes them guardians of an orphaned baby girl. Everett suspects that her parents’ deaths were anything but innocent. When his instinct for danger proves correct, it’s his job to protect the child he’s grown to love…and the woman he never forgot.



Buy on:



Harlequin                 B&N 

Kobo        Book Depository        iBooks


Does your family support your career as a writer?
100%. My family are amazing and they're very proud of what I've achieved. My mum (who is 84), in particular, tells everyone she meets about "my daughter, the author"!

If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do?
I always knew I wanted to write, but I never had the confidence to do it as a career. After trying a number of different things, I went into teaching (which was rewarding, and I don't regret it). Looking back, I wish I'd had the courage to say, right from the start "I want to be a writer".

How long on average does it take you to write a book?
It varies, but generally it's three to four months. I suppose that doesn't take into account "thinking time". In many ways, the book is already written in my head before I even type the first word. 


Tell us about your book...

Family Under Fire is part of the Harlequin's Colton 911. It is set in the fictional Arizona town of Cactus Creek. It's Christmas time and FBI agent, Everett Colton is back in his home town to investigate a murder. He's feeling less than festive and his mood is lowered even further when he comes face-to-face with the woman who dumped him four years earlier. But when the reason for their reunion becomes clear, he finds himself with a new family...and a dangerous stalker. 



JANE GODMAN is a 2019 Romantic Novelists’ Award winner and 2018 Daphne du Maurier Award finalist. She writes thrillers for Harlequin Romantic Suspense/Mills and Boon Heroes and paranormal romance for Harlequin Nocturne/Mills and Boon Supernatural and St. Martin’s Press Romance. She also self publishes her historical and gothic stories.

Jane was born in Scotland and has lived in Germany, Wales, Malta, South Africa, and England. She still gets the urge to travel, although these days she tends to head for a Spanish beach, or a European city that is steeped in history. 
When she isn’t reading or writing romance, Jane enjoys cooking, spending time with her family, and enjoying the antics of her dogs, Gravy and Vera.  

 Connect with Jane Godman on the web:

Website         Facebook          Twitter         Goodreads

18 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers. Congratulations on the new book. Sounds thrilling story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. I like to think it is an exciting story

      Delete
  2. Nice interview with Jane and her book sounds suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview and thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always enjoy sharing my thoughts and ideas

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a good story. Is three to four months the average time for a writer to write a book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing, it's not one I knew about

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely to see Jane's book being promoted across the blogosphere. I hope it does really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good story and interview...
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting, thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that her family is supportive of her writing! It's so much fun knowing they will one day read your books and be behind your hard work. Sounds good to me :)

    Olivia-S @ Olivia's Catastrophe

    ReplyDelete